2021 Inaugural Myrtle Beach Travel Park Oyster Roast
By MBTP News Staff
The first ever Oyster Roast will be held at Myrtle Beach Travel Park on Saturday, February 27, 2021 starting at noon.
The event will be located at the Winter Hall. The cost is $15 per person for those eating oysters. Guests are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to share with 8-10 people. There is no cost for anyone attending who is not eating Oysters; we just request you bring a dish to share.
Participants must be a Myrtle Beach Travel Park guest. Call the Main Office by February 6, 2021 to sign-up. The cost is due at the time of sign-up.
Bluegrass Band entertainment will be provided!
The Winter Hall will open no more than 30 minutes before noon. Those who are eating Oysters will be given wrist bands when checking-in.
Check-in starts at 11:30am at the Winter Hall.
- Please note the Winter Hall parking lot will be closed to thru traffic beginning Friday, February 26th, 2021.
- Masks are required when inside the Winter Hall and MUST be worn when getting food from the buffet tables.
- Masks can be removed when seated at your table.
All those who have signed-up are asked to check-in, beginning as early 11:30 am.
- Those who have signed-up and paid to eat oysters will be given a wristband, the person(s) eating oysters must wear their wristband for the duration of the event.
There will be several oyster shucking tables in the parking lot, we ask that all oysters are eaten outside at either the picnic tables or oyster shucking tables and that NO oysters are brought inside.
- Oyster shucking will begin at 12noon.
On each picnic table/oyster shucking table there will be lemons, hot sauce, saltine crackers, and horseradish. If you would like any other specific item, it is requested you bring those items yourself.
Please be mindful to not overcrowd the oyster shucking tables, so we can maintain social distancing.
If you have an oyster shucker or an oyster glove, please bring it. We will have a limited number of oyster shucking knives available. We will not be supplying any gloves.
- Drinks are included, we will have bottled water, sweet/unsweet tea, and regular coffee.
- Entertainment will be provided by a local bluegrass band. They will be playing inside the Winter Hall for the duration of the event. (12-3pm)
- Parking will be available along the Main Trail in sites 538-546 and 562-556. Please see the parking signs for details.
- When parking, please be mindful of sewer and water pipes and avoid driving through multiple camp sites.
- Regardless of what time you plan on checking-in/heading to the Winter Hall to eat, all side dishes must be brought to the Winter Hall by 11:50 am.
- Please make sure your dish to share is enough to feed at least 8-10 people.
- All dishes that are brought to share will be put on tables inside the Winter Hall, buffet-style.
- When getting items from the buffet tables the following must be followed:
- A mask must be always worn.
You must get a new plate each time you go to the buffet.
You must sanitize/ wear gloves each time you go to the buffet.
Examples of side dishes:
- Veggies, pasta salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, dinner rolls, chicken tenders, pulled pork/BBQ, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, casseroles, crock pot items, mashed potatoes, etc.
Please feel free to get creative. It is our goal to have a variety of items on the buffet tables.
Dessert items also count as a side dish if you would prefer to bring a dessert.
- Please provide a label on your side dish or dessert indicating what the item is. This is also a good way to indicate if there are any common allergens in the dish, for example peanuts.
- Due to COVID-19, we understand that not all of our guests may be comfortable eating their oysters in a group setting. If this is the case for you, please let us know at check-in time, and we will get oysters bagged/boxed for you. You will also be given a to-go container at 12noon to collect some side items you may want to take with you.
*Please note that if you are taking your oysters to-go, you will not be able to come back multiple times to get more oysters or side dish options.
- Our Oyster Roast is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather, we will do our best to ensure the Oyster Roast tables are covered with canopies: however, it is recommended to bring your rain jacket. Refunds will not be offered in the event of inclement weather. There is not a rain date for this event.
Please reach out to Myrtle Beach Travel Park Recreation by calling 843-449-2733 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and concerns. We cannot wait to see everyone at our Oyster Roast. Stay safe and healthy.